A virtual number is like your regular telephone number. The only difference is that it is not tied to the conventional PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) or landline networks. It is also widely known as Direct Inward Dialing or Access Number. A call made to or from a virtual number uses the internet to facilitate communication and connect to phone networks. The working of a virtual number is quite straightforward. The audio signal made from the virtual number is first broken down into data packets. The data is then transmitted to the device that is in the cloud. A call automation software then converts these data packets into audio signals, which are finally delivered to the destination device like a mobile phone, a desk phone, or a softphone. Now that you know what a virtual number is, it is time to implement it in your organization and reap the benefits it offers. There are multiple virtual number providers currently available today, making the task of selecting one quite difficult. And that is where this post can help as we take you through the best virtual number providers that you can consider in 2023.
Top virtual number providers of 2023
Here are the top virtual number providers that you can partner with today –
1) FreJun – The virtual number provider that is most balanced and value-driven
FreJun is undoubtedly the best virtual number provider of 2023. When you select a plan in FreJun, you get a lot more than a virtual number because FreJun is a call automation and cloud telephony software too. All your incoming calls and outgoing calls are automatically recorded. Apart from that, you also get unlimited calling, integration with top CRM providers like HubSpot, Pipedrive, Zoho, etc., and a convenient Google Chrome extension. FreJun is probably one of the few virtual number providers to offer a free 7-day trial plan for all its users.
- Pricing – The most basic plan starts at ₹ 1,299
- Why you must choose FreJun – For offering maximum features at the given price point, including unlimited calling facilities.
- Why you mustn’t choose FreJun – The tool might get a tad overwhelming owing to the plethora of features it offers. However, this has been countered by FreJun by offering a vast collection of how-to guides and tutorial videos.
2) Sonetel – The virtual number provider that costs the least
With a client base of over 2 lakhs, Sonetel is another popular virtual number provider like FreJun. Sonetel offers you a virtual number for any city in any country across the world. The virtual number offered by Sonetel is free if you use the chat function on their website. Sonetel also offers apps where you can answer incoming calls for free or forward them anywhere worldwide at the cost of a local call.
- Pricing – The most basic plan starts at $1.79/month.
- Why you must choose Sonetel – For the attractive price
- Why you mustn’t choose Sonetel – For the lack of features
3) Avoxi – The virtual number provider offering maximum features
Avoxi offers a lot of advantages when you pick their virtual number solution. For starters, there are setup fees or unnecessary contracts. You can set up your own virtual number in a matter of a few minutes. Avoxi also offers all three popular types of virtual numbers, viz. Local, toll-free, and non-geographic. When you subscribe to Avoxi’s virtual number solution, you get access to features like call forwarding, auto attendant, and voicemail-to-email, all of which are quite useful while handling calls on a regular basis.
- Pricing – The most basic plan starts at $16.99 per month
- Why you must choose Avoxi – For the array of features it comes along with
- Why you mustn’t choose Avoxi – Quite pricey when compared to other tools
4) Sarv – The virtual number provider that offers SMS plus voice services
Sarv is a home-grown virtual number provider that offers all its customers a 10-digit dynamic virtual mobile number that will be hosted on their server. This is the best way to expand your business opportunities without spending a lot on building communication infrastructure. The best part about Sarv’s virtual number is that you can use a single number to receive all your voice calls and SMS. Besides that, you can set up Sarv virtual number instantly, that too without any installation costs.
- Pricing – Contact the Sarv team for pricing details.
- Why you must choose Sarv – For offering SMS and voice services on the same number
- Why you mustn’t choose Sarv – Lack of transparency in pricing
5) Servetel – The virtual number provider with the best IVR integration
The next virtual number provider on our list is Servetel which comes equipped with features like real-time reporting, integration with CRMs, and a beginner-friendly portal. Apart from this, you also get access to functionalities like call recording, call tracking, IVR integration, and call routing. Together, they make the lives of your employees/agents much simpler. Servetel offers a free trial plan, but you need to submit a form to access the same.
- Pricing – Contact the Servetel team for pricing details.
- Why you must choose Servetel – For its beginner-friendly portal
- Why you mustn’t choose Servetel – The lack of pricing transparency and the complicated way to access the trial plan.
6) Ringover – The virtual number provider that offers unlimited calling
Ringover offers you an Indian virtual number that can be used from any device of your choice, be it a desktop, laptop, or smartphone. You can also make unlimited calling to over 50 countries without spending any additional dime. The virtual number service comes with other handy features like custom greetings, call forwarding, and IVR. Like FreJun, Ringover also offers a free 7-day trial for you to experiment with the tool to your heart’s content and decide if it is the right choice for you or not. Ringover also claims that you can activate your virtual phone number in just 3 simple steps.
- Pricing – The most basic plan costs $19 per user per month.
- Why you must choose Ringover – For the unlimited call features it offers
- Why you mustn’t choose Ringover – Quite pricey when compared to similar solutions like FreJun.
7) Mytelly – The virtual number provider with the best reporting feature
The last virtual number provider on our list is Mytelly which offers a lot more than a simple virtual number. For starters, it offers advanced features like intelligent call routing, call recordings, call forwarding, and even call reporting. All these features make Mytelly an ideal call automation software for any type of business. Like Sarv, Mytelly also doesn’t offer any pricing details to the users, and you need to book a demo to get a personalized quote.
- Pricing – Contact the Mytelly team for pricing details.
- Why you must choose Mytelly – For the call reporting and analytics feature, it offers
- Why you mustn’t choose Mytelly – For lack of transparency in pricing details.
And those are the top 7 virtual number providers that you can partner with in 2023. Most of the above solutions can be avoided due to their opaque pricing strategy, despite offering a wide array of benefits. Out of the remaining tools, FreJun scores the highest points due to the immense value it offers to the users for the price point it comes with. To sign up for a free trial, click here.
A business analyst turned writer who loves to paint away his free time. A staunch follower of the 'Workcation' concept, he loves to combine the art of writing with the enigma of traveling.