A LinkedIn study states that 76% of recruiters believe that AI’s impact on recruiting will be significant. In the ever dynamic field of recruitment, AI conversation tools – such as tools for transcription and automatic call notes – have gained popularity worldwide. These AI tools have become a must-have in a recruiter’s toolbox. Such tools help recruiters to automatically record and transcribe all their phone calls.
A standard recruitment process is complicated and lengthy. Hence, the use of AI conversation tools helps in bringing process efficiency and also facilitate organized workflow in recruitment.
“Hiring people into their dream job can genuinely change their lives for the better. It’s an incredible feeling and ultimately why you will continue to pursue a career in recruitment.”
The role of efficient recruiters is therefore inevitable for the success of recruitment and the recruits at their respective jobs.
The three critical jobs of any recruiter are:
- Sourcing good candidates for vacancies
- Screening the applications via telephonic interviews
- Assisting Hiring managers in the decision-making process
An in-depth analysis highlights that the overarching theme of a recruiter’s job is to interact with the candidates & hiring managers via phone calls and web conference calls if needed.
With so many calls comes the need to document, transcribe, and record the critical notes of all such interactions. This ensures that no vital information is missed out. Historically, the records of all calls were prepared manually until AI tools came into the picture.
In an article authored by Samantha McLaren (Editorial Lead at MarketSmiths Content Strategists), she has spoken about the 4 ways in which AI works as talked about by Przemek Berendt at Talent Connect 2017:
In coherence with the above, the role and relevance of AI conversation tools (hardwired/adaptive systems) for recruiters can be derived as follows:
Human in the loop
|No Human in the loop|
|Assist in the Interview review process and facilitate decision making||
Automatic notes of the meeting and detailed Interview summaries
Digging deeper, the benefits of automated calls and the plethora of opportunities this opens for recruiters can be understood as:
Detailed interview synopsis and Easy interview review:
AI call-assistants document complete details of all the interview calls. The completeness of the minutes yields the following benefits:
- The interview synopsis helps the recruiters to make decisions with respect to an applicant’s candidature.
- The recruiters can recall critical information about a candidate before his/her follow up interview.
- Automated and detailed interview notes can be shared with the hiring managers in just a single click.
- Hiring managers get first-hand insights into the candidates’ profiles from their very first interaction with the recruiters.
- Automated minutes ease the flow of information and communication between the recruiters and hiring managers.
Hiring better candidates faster:
AI tools automatically transcribe interactions of recruiters with the candidates. This makes the hiring process faster by automating the record-keeping of the entire process of recruitment right from initial screening interviews to the final salary negotiations. For instance, AI conversation assistants such as FreJun yield a lot of time savings vis-à-vis the traditional route of preparing manual notes.
Many AI conversation tools also provide recruiters with a wide range of analytical tools. These tools offer enhanced understanding into the profile and suitability of a candidate for the role on offer. For instance, the speech analytics feature provided by AI tools lets the recruiters critically assess the candidates’ responses, tone, stress level and participation in the process. This aids the process of vetting a potential employee. This also helps in assessing if his / her behaviour and personality would be a good representation of the organization.
Audit Trail for decisions taken:
Recorded notes and call transcripts of interactions between either of the following lead to the creation of a detailed audit trail of the entire recruitment process. Consequently, this helps fix responsibility and support the hiring decisions so made.
- recruiters and candidates,
- candidates and hiring managers and
- hiring managers and recruiters,
Conversations library for hiring process improvement:
AI call tools also help maintain a repository/library of all conversations with potential and hired candidates. Therefore, this serves the following twin purpose:
- Ready Reckoner: This library acts as a detailed ready reckoner on the profiles of various candidates who might not be fit for the current vacancy but may be referred to for any future job openings.
- Training & development: These databases can also be used for the training of the recruitment team of an organization. New recruiters can learn about the intricacies of recruitment through live case examples. Resultantly, they get the opportunity to enhance their skills at recruitment by learning from the experiences of their seniors/more learned counterparts.
Hence, it can be said that the use of AI tools to automate the process of conducting calls has several pros. In a nutshell, it is indispensable for modern-day recruiters to use AI conversation tools for improving the recruitment process. These tools will help recruiters focus their energy on their core job of finding the perfect fit for the organization. whilst allowing them to automate the mundane task of preparing minutes.